Thursday, May 2, 2013

Vintage Pieces in varying colors!

I scored about 4 vintage dressers from the '60's. 
All solid wood and in pretty good shape. I tried some different colors
this time and this is what I ended up with~ (Pardon my garage staging!! I am out of room!!!)
This guy is made from solid Elm! Have never seen elm before. So I sanded off the old stain and 
found this gorgeous solid wood top! I think I put a light shade of walnut on it and used tung oil 
to finish it off.  Did a custom mix of my own chalk paint in different shades of blues.....Something different! 
                        Found some mother of pearl knobs from HL and used those on the left drawers.


Next one is a MCM dresser. Same thing. Sanded off the ick, redid the walnut fronts and top. 
 This one I used an oil base glossy white paint. About 4 coats! It's hard as nails when it dries!! Gave it some racing stripes for something different.  


Ok...and #3 is a different looking vintage dresser in Coral!! 

I had this oops paint for over a year and made some chalk paint with it. 
 Mod podged some frabic on the inner drawer fronts
 I used a darker shade of coral on the inner door both for contrast and because I used 
every last drop of the other shade on the body!! 

Shhh....still have to wax the sides! I soooooo hate waxing...... 

ok....So there you have my vintage three!!! A little something for every taste!!!


                                                   The Dedicated HouseRedoux

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I can't find any dressers like that on Craigslist. I would love to find one that is long rather than tall, and with those amazing feet! I would do it just like your white one but with black instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo.. love that pink & wood combo! Great job :)
    - Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool stuff! I just pinned a piece from your gallery. I hope you don't mind! :)

    And thanks for the tip on using dark wax directly on Graphite. I'd like to try a homemade chalk recipe but there are a few floating around. Do you have a favorite formula that you use?

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dressers. I especially like the one you left mostly wood grain with the white stripes. I'm so glad you joined us at Transformed Tuesday this week.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric on the inner drawers is so stunning..... :) You rock!! Have a great week.

    hugs xx
    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, just dropping by your blog for a gander. Some great stuff! I just had a question, when you modpodge fabric, do you get frayed edges? If so, how do you overcome this? I have only used paper so far. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete