Monday, August 13, 2012

Beachy Subway gets a matching table!!


Behold the throw-away table my sister picked up off the street! At first I said, "nah, what the heck am I going to make with this clunky thing??" But she brought it over anyway. 
I'm really into the beachy subway art theme so I thought why not try it on this table?
It's not going to cost anything but my time. 

Here ya go! Kinda glad I gave it a shot!

Here is the Art piece I had done first.


















As usual, I sand and sand. I wanted this down to the
bare wood so I could restain it a darker color. When I
distress the paint, I want the dark wood to show through.


 After staining, I painted it with ASCP in Pure white and some kind of blue paint I had laying around. All of that gets sanded and distressed until I like what I see.

Forgot to take a pic of the 
stenciling process. Some letters
were painted with the stenciling in place, others were penciled
in and then hand painted afterward.  I drew the shells and 
starfish and painted those. 

Everything was sanded again and then given a few coats of clear paste wax.  
                                                          Cobalt glass starfish knob!











This one is looking for a home!! I already have a  huge ottoman that goes in this spot!


10 comments:

  1. This turned out so pretty. The subway art is so cool.

    If you get a chance I would love for you to come link it up at my Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/pintastic-monday-link-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool!

    stop by if you have a chance.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that you are thanking her now. I really love what you did with this freebie!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome transformation - absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out! Thanx for sharing at tHT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is coffee table still available?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your coffe table makeover! The beach subway art is perfect! Thanks for checking my Beachy coffe table redo out! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find your email address. Is the table still available?
    Please contact me at Bluljeta@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email is on the top of the page, right side. And under "about me" yes it's avail.

      Delete