I snagged this Broyhill look-alike last month. I really enjoy working on these.After I stripped away the ugly finish, I was left with this:
After stripping the top and seeing the almost perfect walnut, I couldn't paint it.
Well, not all of it anyway! I'm not a big red person, but I wanted to go a bit more masculine with this piece. Plus I had planned on facing the inner drawer fronts with this cool Ikat fabric I got. So I decided to coordinate the doors with that.
The flash really makes this red appear neon. It's not. Really.
And of course I had to do the sides of the drawers! Just my "thang"!I did the black by hand/brush. Too lazy to get out the sprayer.
I love the original hardware. After I let it soak in vinegar and baking soda, I applied Brasso and scrubbed it with steel wool. Almost like new again.
I am literally running out of places in my home to stage. I really don't like the framed art work above this piece, but I can't be bothered with hanging something else! Even though I have a really cool framed poster that would go so much better! sigh.....later...
This one is for sale in my Etsy shop, "FourAcesVintage"
Linking up at my fave parties!! :