Friday, November 30, 2012

Trying MMS milk paint on a "Stormy Day Dresser"

UPDATE Pics showing the wreath I just made. Love the colors w/the dresser...


If you've seen my other posts, you know I've done quite a few pieces with the milk paint from the Real Milk Paint Company.  I love their colors and their paint.  
But I'm always on the lookout to try different things. I found this nice old dresser
off of CL (yeah I know, surprise!) and wanted to do a lighter color. 
 First I applied some Real Milk Paint co in "Peacock". Then I used MMS "Shutter Gray" to layer 
over the top. 


Since this was bare wood, the paint really adheres. On places where 

I wanted the peacock blue to show, I applied a smudge of vaseline. 
This is what it looks like after the gray top coat dried. It flaked off beautifully! 

This shows how it looked after it was distressed and oiled. I did this technique to the entire piece. 







All in all, the milk paints from both companies are almost identical in prep and application.  Only the colors are different.


I’m partying at:
The Girl CreativeThe Southern Institute
Homemaker on a DimeBetween Naps on the Porch
Mod Vintage LifeMaking the World Cuter
Boogieboard CottageThe Dedicated House
Knick of Time InteriorsCoastal Charm
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaElizabeth and Co.
Cedar Hill RanchNifty Thrifty Things
Carolyn’s HomeworkA Diamond in the Stuff
Ivy and ElephantsThe Thrifty Home
Gingersnap CraftsMy Girlish Whims
Handy Man Crafty Woman733 Blog
We are That FamilySavvy Southern Style
Home Stories A to ZFine Craft Guild
PrimpBeyond the Picket Fence
The Shabby Creek CottageThe 36th Avenue
Katherine’s CornerBrambleberry Cottage
From My Front Porch to YoursBlissful Rhythm
A Daily Cup of Mrs. OlsonA Glimpse Inside
The Artsy GirlStacey Embracing Change
French Country CottageRedoux Interiors
The Shabby NestFinding Fabulous
Romantic HomeHomespun Happenings
At the Picket FenceChic on a Shoestring Decorating
Delicate Construct


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think it's just beautiful. I love the mix of the blue, grey and natural wood all peaking through.....and I'm a total sucker for natural wood tops. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece turned out amazing! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete