Thursday, February 11, 2016

Henredon Redo


for the life of me I can't find the original photo before I had started the process. Oh well. I'm sure you can use your imagination on this one. The piece was intact but a little worn and tired. I decided on GF milk paint in Driftwood Gray.
 For a little dimension, I mixed up some black/metallic paint in a glazing medium and wiped it all over the cabinet. I left it on for about 30 seconds and then used a wet rag to wipe it off. 

That process is completely individual. If you want it darker and more pronounced, leave it on longer.

Because of the camera flash,
it looks a little streaky, but it really is not. 
 This girl is a beast! It's also finished around the back so it can stand alone. 
        Goes pretty well with my herringbone reclaimed wood ceiling I did years ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment