Sunday, May 26, 2013

MCM Desk

Still on the mid-century craze, I picked up this desk set with a matching
chest of drawers (which I did in different colors). 
Not really a whole lot to it! It is solid wood and the drawers are made of cedar.

                    I must have looked at this for a month before I decided what to do with it.

Here's what the matching chest looks like. An aqua ombre. 











At the last minute I decided to paint the numbers and the stripe. 
It just looked so blah in it's grayness.
It's all chalkpaint. Homemade of course. The darker gray is BM 'Kendall Charcoal'.
The others are all custom mixes.



 Cedar drawers. Didn't know this until I started sanding and the aroma came through! 

Just a different shot showing the reclaimed wood beachy sign. 

And another shot with the double vintage metallic frames!!!


Linking up at these great parties:

                                                   The Dedicated HouseRedoux



2 comments: