Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Painted Butterfly


I tried something different the other day. Painting. No,,,not like painting painting,,,I mean really painting....like all Van Gogh-like.   I have never really painted anything. 


 My intention was to do the transfer thing from the Graphics Fairy. Which I did. 
But it barely transferred. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All I managed to get was the outline
of the butterfly and the faint writing of the letters. 
 So I started to outline the whole shebang in black liner. And then I thought, hmmm, how hard can
it be to paint in the colors??? I have some artist brushes. If it doesn't work out, I'll just sand the whole                   thing off and start over.  It's only paint!!!  So that's what I did.
 I had already painted the table in my chalk paint using DE "Lambs Wool".  I just love that name.
                                                It's a very faint creamy pale yellow.
I was a paint mixin' fool! I didn't have the exact shade of green as the pic, so I mixed a few.

 Viola! 
Don't be trying to spot the differences from either side. I know butterflies are mirror images
on their wings. Mine isn't! Hah! 

 Thank You Graphics Fairy for the lovely print. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my It is beautiful It looks just like your print! You did an amazing job with this table.You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! This table is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job, Beth! It looks wonderful and I love that table, too. The shape and size is a great fit for anywhere in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! You did a great job.
    Thanks for sharing, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that table! I love butterflies too! Your transfer/paint job is right on! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, you do lovely work! If you ever REALLY want to go all "van Goghey", then I would love it if your would try my chalk paint! Check us out at www.VanGoghChalkPaintCollection.com Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete