I've had quite a few people inquire if I was going to be doing anymore cherry blossoms
on a dresser. The last one I did was awhile back:
This one was done on a vintage tallboy.....see the process HERE
And the second time was for a customer request on a vintage maple chest.....
So I decided to switch it up a bit and try the stenciling on this mid-century dresser.
I thought this would make a great changing table in a nursery.
I had planned on redoing the wood. However, upon closer inspection (which you cannot
see in the photos) the veneer on this piece was not in the best shape. It had a very
high-gloss top coat. While I was attempting to strip that off, it became apparent the existing
wood veneer had a lot of chips and divots. I filled them in with filler and did quite a bit
of sanding to make the top and drawer fronts smooth and filled in.
Lining up the stencils and trying to make the branches flow.....
I used my own mixture for the yellow chalk paint.
Even tho this was a stencil, I spent a lot of time going over each individual blossom, painting and shading, to give it a little more realistic look.
Many, Many hours later..........fineto!
Linking up at my fave parties!! :